In a nutshell: Innovative organic Greek flavoured olive oils made naturally without additives, essential oils or preservatives. This version uses mandarins from the northeastern Aegean island of Chios, famed for its citrus fruits.
Let’s get one thing straight from the start. This is not the kind of olive oil that has been lovingly crafted by gnarly handed artisans from a fifth-generation family concern in some charmingly dilapidated mill, miles from anywhere.
Yes, it is lovingly crafted, but by food technicians, working at the top of their game with state-of-the-art equipment and the finest raw materials, using ultra-modern methods to create organic oils that, nonetheless, are infused with the ancient breath of the land by which their olives have been nurtured.
The innovative Pellas ‘one-step’ system extracts the taste and flavour of fresh herbs and fruits directly into Greek extra-virgin olive oil. The result is a range of olive oils that truly reflect the delicacy and subtlety of the flavours being captured, from sage, thyme and rosemary to lemon, basil, garlic and chilli – all of which are organic and locally grown.
These oils aren’t synthetic in any way. There are no additives used, no essential oils, no artificial flavourings – and neither does it taste as if there are. They are the perfect marriage of scientific knowhow and gourmet sensibility and confer the essence of the Mediterranean with each organic drop.
How to use
- Sprinkle over a slab of salty feta for an authentic Greek taverna dish.
- In a dressing, especially one in which the oil would chime with and accentuate the flavour of the salad components. The mandarin is perfect with seafood salads.
- The oils are also good drizzled over pasta before serving. A slug of the mandarin oil brings real depth and Mediterranean fragrance to a bowl of rsimple pastas with prawns.
- Use in place of a regular olive oil to finish grilled meat and fish dishes. Try the mandarin drizzled over skewers of chunky pork for use in souvlaki.
- They’re also good slathered over slow-cooked dishes to pep up their flavours before serving.
About Pellas Nature
Edessa is the ancient capital of the Pella region of Greece’s Central Macedonia province. Here, at the gateway to the rugged Pindar Mountains, is where Pellas Nature has invested in a hi-tech laboratory designed with one purpose in mind – to produce the finest-quality organic infused olive oils, which capture the unique character of the land whence they come.
Pellas Nature is inspired by the flavours and aromas of native Greek aromatic plants. A walk around the laboratory is like a stroll along a Greek mountainside in spring, with the competing aromas of thyme, rosemary, oregano and lemon borne on the air. It is these distinctive aromas that their one-step infusion system is designed to capture – and to transmit to your cooking.